Would you consider your church a “white church” or just a “church”? Isaac and Austin discuss the dynamics around a minority member of a church leaving their predominately white church.
- Why is it important to recognize the ethnic makeup of your church?
- What characteristics of your church’s culture do you take for granted, but may be seen as starkly different for a person of color?
- For the minority member, what should I consider when deciding whether to leave my white church?
- How do you stay in a white church and not get angry?
- How do you leave a white church?
- Should you let your minority friend leave your white church?
Links & Show Notes:
- A Quiet Exodus: Why Black Worshipers Are Leaving White Evangelical Churches (New York Times)
- Be Patient with Slow Growers, Late Bloomers, and Those Yet Unseeing (United? We Pray)
- Am I a Political Pharisee? (United? We Pray)