“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
– 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
In this first episode, Isaac Adams and Trillia Newbell discuss the purpose of United? We Pray and share their hopes for the podcast. The Bible makes clear that God’s people are a praying people, and United? We Pray seeks to encourage more prayer about racial struggles. We hope to pray proactively, and we hope to praise God, confess to God, thank God, and ask of God. What’s more, we hope that brothers and sisters listening in on these prayer join in prayer because, as Trillia says, “what a chorus that would be!”
The issue of race, unity, and the church may daunt you; it may have you altogether weary. Wherever you may be, join us as we come to the throne of grace in Jesus’ name. We pray that we would see these issues not as something entirely negative, something like a prison, but as something that can glorify God, a prism that reflects his beauty.
Links & Show Notes:
- Francis Grimké Sermon Series — The Negro His Rights and Wrongs, The Forces For Him and Against Him
- Trillia Newbell’s Call to Prayer Blog Post
- Trillia’s children’s book: God’s Very Good Idea
- Hosts: Isaac Adams & Trillia Newbell
- UWP Podcast Recorded and produced by Karl Magnuson. Graphic design by Rob Alvey.