“Lament is a prayer in pain that leads to trust.” Why is understanding songs of sorrow so important for our thinking about race? Why is lament so important that a third of Psalms are lament? Join Isaac Adams and Mark Vroegop as they answer these questions:
- What does the Scripture teach about the grace of lament?
- What is the importance of Christians understanding race? How does understanding the grace of lament apply to the issues of race?
- What about colorblindness that some people read into Colossians 3:11?
- What is the distinction between repentance and remorse, and why does it matter for the conversation on race?
- How have you used civil rights trips within your congregation?
- Why does it matter that your church looks like your community?
- How do you think through urban renewal and foreign missions?